Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sprinting By The Charles

Folks, I am out of breath and my legs are sore. Today I decided to head down to the Charles River Esplanade and do some sprints on the grass alongside the river. I found a long straight area of grass that wasn’t too crowded and set up shop. I drew a line in the dirt for my starting point, and took off, since I was already warm from the light jog to the river. I sprinted at maximum effort until I simply couldn’t keep the speed up anymore, stopped, and drew a line in the dirt. That would be my distance for today. Sprint, catch your breath, sprint, catch your breath….ten sprints later I was ready to fall over! Half way through I wanted to stop, but I had made a deal with myself to do ten sprints, and so I completed all of them and I’m glad I did. Best part of all…it didn’t take very long! And the scenery wasn’t bad either:

This is the stretch of grass I used to run. Beautiful!

Relaxing Up In A Tree After Finishing

[Via http://matthewkacergis.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment