Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The end of the road or the top of the hill?

Some of you might know that I started this blog when I began a health and fitness program at my gym. At the beginning of it I complained about having to wake up at 5:30 a couple of days, having to work out 5 days a week and eating healthy foods. This is the last week of that program and I have to say it wasn’t as bad as I thought. Basically, all of the things that I spent time complaining about are the same things that make me feel great today! Last night I put on a pajama shirt that normally makes me look fat (ok, so it was a truthful shirt) and now it just hangs on me. I’ve done things I would not have done otherwise because of the program – today I actually ran a mile. Before the program if I were asked to take a walk outside I’d say – Really? where are we going exactly?.

So now that things have changed, now that I am a healthier slightly lighter person than when I began what do I do? The last weigh in for me is Thursday. There is no group accountability after that. The only one that will be with me when I “weigh in” is me and the scale. No prizes for being the biggest looser, no pats on the back, and now for a couple of weeks, I’ll be working out alone (well just not in a class). Will I let things slide? I really hope not … I can’t …. NO! I’ve come too far to just let things slide. Plus, I have some people who read this who really care. To let them down, my family, and me – that’s just to much to think of doing.

There are going to be some hard climbs coming up ahead soon. I’ll surely plateau which will totally suck. Loosing weight has been fairly easy so far so and that has made things fun. As soon as it gets hard I am really going to have to work on not giving up and just power through it.

After all the climbing, running, clawing my way through countless hours of working out, surviving sweaty, crave filled moments while driving by a starbucks, after dragging my sore body to bed only to wake up and do it all over again I’m not done. I haven’t finished the race. I’ve only reached the top of the first hill and this week I’m enjoying the view because next week I have to start up the mountain that’s ahead.

~c

[Via http://curlyskinny.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment