Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The day after the day after the long run

I’d never really considered myself a runner until I got about four months into this challenge and I still find I have my doubts at times about whether I really am one.

Other people I know though have been running for years and, sometimes, you just have to bow to their superior knowledge. Point in case is Steve Swift, regular reader and commenter (is that a word?, Steve would know, he’s a proof reader). Steve has been running for some time and regularly offers me pieces of sage advice… go back two entries ago to see his comment on my 18.5mile run: ‘be careful on Tuesday’.

While yesterday I was a little stiff, today I was a lot stiff. I mean a real lot stiff, so much so that I could go no faster than 12 minutes a mile and I began to wonder where the line is drawn between a slow run and a quick walk.

As is often the case though, a sign comes up just when I’m feeling a bit glum about things. Just as I got back, the postman was arriving – unheard of for 7.55am in the morning and he was delivering my new 1095miles.com running shirts. I’ll model them in a pic on tomorrow’s entry!

Click here for a Google Map and full details of the day’s run

Miles today: 3

Target: 513

Miles to date: 663.1

Want to dedicate a run to someone or have one dedicated to you? Click here

[Via http://1095miles.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment