Sunday, March 21, 2010

Get it going!

Start up your workout

I don’t know about you, but I’m very goal oriented when it comes to fitness. If I know I have a race in 3 months my workouts are strategically planned to work towards that goal. In fact, a few years ago I gave myself 6 months to train for my first triathlon and it changed my life! Before that, I was a bartender living a late-night unhealthy lifestyle. And now, my life today could NOT be any more different! (Except I still make a mean Mojito! )

So, if you’d like to set a goal for a run, here’s an option for a beginner run in San Francisco called the Presidio 10 in San Francisco on April 18th. Participants can run either a 10K or 10 mile.  The course starts at Crissy Field and takes you across the Golden Gate bridge and back… should be beautiful!

http://www.presidio10.com/event/Presidio_10_Race.html

Anyone know of any other races happening they recommend?

Nutrition Tip

Unfortunately, when it come to getting rid of few pounds exercise alone won’t do it. Here’s just a few tips on what to avoid or reduce in your diet:

1.   Most processed and packaged foods that have refined sugar and refined flour and even “processed whole wheat.”

  • Breads, bagels, etc. (white AND wheat)
  • cakes
  • cookies
  • donuts
  • pasta (even whole wheat – it’s still refined flour)
  • pastries
  • pretzels
  • most crackers
  • quick oats or packaged oatmeal
  • pies

2.   Foods high in sugar:

  • BBQ Sauce
  • Candy
  • Cocktail Sauce
  • Condiments
  • Ice Cream
  • Jams & Jellies
  • Power bars and most energy bars

3.  Beverages high in sugar

  • Colas & sodas
  • Fruit juices
  • Liqueurs
  • Sports drinks like gatorade, vitamin water
  • Overly sweetened coffee drinks – that means NO frappa-mocha-noncaf-halfcaf-accinos!

[Via http://upyourfit.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment