Thursday, March 11, 2010

A (jutting out) bone to pick (and I talk about <i>boobs</i>)

I got my first glorious copy of the Bravissimo catalog this week, which looked extra glorious laying next to my usual Victoria’s Secret catalog.

Have you heard of Bravissimo? They have the best explanation for how bras should fit that I’ve EVER seen.

So here comes this glorious catalog, in which models are eating cookies and dancing and looking like hot teachers – as opposed to just hot supermodels. And, what was that definition of juxtaposition again?

Oh yeah, the VS cover.

Don’t get me wrong, Vicky. I love you. I love your mesh fabrics and your good-at-sizing sizers and your smug overpricedness. I’ve given you plenty of business.

Of course this chickypoo loves her body. She gets paid lots and lots of working-class salaries to love her body. I’d look good too if I got paid to jetset around and live off lettuce and cigarettes. VS models are an epitome of the modern concept of beauty.

But don’t throw this crap at me, like you’re trying to encourage me to love myself. I can do that without you.

I’d rather look at hot chickypoos with bodies that I could aspire to. (I could aspire to VS, but I’d have to grow at least 7 inches AND lose 20 pounds.)

The sad part is that Bravissimo is in Europe, so I’ll continue to buy VS on sale online. At least VS carries great bras in my size, which is more than a lot of you department stores can say.

[Via http://rikkiking.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment