Sunday, October 18, 2009

My 20th High School Reunion

Last night was my 20th high school reunion, and what a fun time I had!  I wrote about it in this post, so you can read that and check out the photos I posted.

One thing that struck me was how many compliments I received.  I really did feel like I looked wonderful, that is, until I viewed some of the photos this morning.  Wow!  I look so heavy in all of them.  But rather than getting depressed or upset about that, it really has inspired me to keep up with my weight loss efforts.  I don’t like the way I look in these pictures, and I know that the only way I’ll look differently is to continue on with my journey.

As far as overindulging, I was so busy talking and catching up that I barely ate any of the appetizers, and only had a few small drinks.  Not bad at all.  Today is all about cleaning, organizing, and getting ready for the week ahead.  And definitely hitting the Wii games for some exercise.

It’s great to have a renewed sense of motivation after seeing myself in some of the photos.  I’m bound and determined that by the time the next reunion rolls around, I’m going to look like a completely different person.

No comments:

Post a Comment