Thursday, October 22, 2009

Its so boring at night

I signed up for a 24 hour gym tonight.  God bless the internet.  For… hmmm, wow, the better party of a year, I’ve been wah wah-ing about how sad I am that I am so outta shape, and what to do? and how do I pay for it? and where is the time?

And then… it hit me… fuck, I seem to be up every night till some dumb hour, trolling the internet, watching the worst late night TV, wandering my tiny condo, doing nothing… if only there was something productive, I could do at 12 midnight.  a-ha! Work out.  AND there is a 24 hour gym in Victoria.  I went to their website and you can sign up for a free month trial.  I did, they emailed me a coupon and tomorrow I’ll bring it in and get their “pitch.”  If its reasonable, I’ll sign up and get in the best shape of my life… or not.  Maybe it costs a billion trillion dollars to work out at a 24 hour gym?

The point is, after trolling the internets for a bit, I could burn off energy doing something. Its so boring at night.  It is times like this I wish I lived in a city, then I’d walk outside.

***

My online journey yesterday lead me to read about a new band called Girls.

Their or his, or whatever… the record is called “Album.”  Neat huh.

Has a nice vintage rock & roll sound.  Maybe for fans of Glasvegas… except they don’t have that one nice stand-out like “Geraldine.”  Surf style guitars, Buddy Holly hic-up sing-songs.

Review: Girls – ‘Album’

***

Go with yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment