Thursday, February 18, 2010

DAY 24: Bring it on Daddy!

1115p

Jillian #3…ahhh…how I missed you since yesterday. Well…not really. But knowing that Mr. Trainer’s workouts are coming up in just 7 days, I think I’ll appreciate how relatively easy Jillian was!

When I saw him yesterday, he told me that all of the workouts that he gave me were the beginners stuff. Oh! I can’t wait for the advanced stuff! When I met him, I thought he was a male Jessica Rabbit! All biceps and pecs, and no waist! If anyone knows how to whip me in shape, he’ll know how! Exciiitting! =)

Today, I went to Kinkos to make a couple gift certificates for my business. By the way, I hate the Fed ExKinkos new name..I think it’s going to be FedEx Office now…ick! Kinko’s was a HUGE name. Everybody knew it! Why change to a name that’s worse? At least FedEx Kinkos still had the Kinkos in it! But I digress..

The Gift Certificates are pretty. Although, I don’t think I’ll use more than one or two. I’m going to change to sending them out through email. I came up with a great numbering system, and I can just fill in the fields, and email it right over. No printing, no mailing, no envelopes…none of it. =) But it was still neat having the newly designed gift certificates in my hand.

If I ever DO want to continue mailing out gift certificates, I have a great design now! It was actually a design that the GLT magazine created from my logo to fit a different space.

Oh! Found the COOLEST song today! I discovered it on Season 8 of “Dancing with the Stars” that Shawn Johnson danced to for the finale free dance. It’s called “Move Your Thing” by Basement Jaxx. It’s now in all of my workout lists, and happy stuff!

If you read the lyrics to “Move Your Thing” it’s actually about sex..it’s quite obvious…but it’s the BOUNCIEST sex ever! Like, go have sex in a inflated jumping house, with all of the plastic balls when you play this song! So happy! =)

I spent a lot of time on the phone with my financial peeps who run all of the credit card processing from my business…and we went through the whole virtual terminal thing, and how to check batches, and how to approve things…basically just how to make sure the money ends up in my bank account as quick as possible. I’m still no computer program genius, but I think I understand the basics now!

I also talked to Jim about more advertising stuff to do at the office space….it doesn’t cost anything except money.

So, today is Ash Wednesday and Hubby came home early because he went to church and got the ashes smudged on his forehead. I came downstairs, and said “Heya!”, and then I cleaned up for him. I had meant to clean up all day, and I had said that I would…so it was only fair.

In any case, he was happy that I cleaned up, and I was very positive about him. At this point we still hadn’t solved anything about yesterday (if you missed it, it’s worth the read), but I was keeping a positive voice, because really, what’s the pont of being a bitch? Ya know?

So, long story short, apologies were had, quietly, and somewhat reservedly…but it is what it is. I apologized for eating his chicken, and he apologized for the abuse. But that’s not the end of it.

I don’t want to report every single little detail of my relationship on here (I lie), but I just want to say that tonight was a little bit challenging because Hubby is sad. He’s not sure about us, or about things working out. My main point was that anything is possible, and all it takes is deciding to see it through with a good attitude!

I don’t have a guarantee that we’re both up to it, or that I’m right. I don’t know what’s going to happen in a month, or six…but I know that there’s hope with a good attitude. Hubby has trouble with that. I hope he comes around. I really do. But I can understand the mood that’s in the air, and how easy it is to feel like the negative vibes are never going to end. A lot of people in relationships feel like that. =(

So, I made some points, tried to help him as best I could…he said that a few of the practical things I said helped…I’m glad. So, I’m going to leave the rest of it alone for now. It will either improve or it won’t. But in either case, magnifying the worst in one another won’t help anything. I’m committed to looking toward the positive in hopes that it will grow!

“Ready! Okay!” I went Joggin with Leo! Awesome! He was ready for it! He remembers the joggin…it’s been a couple of weeks I imagine, since our last venture out. Well, he was sprinting out in front of me the entire 30 minutes! It was like “Bring it on Daddy!” And I was very proud of him!

On the way up the massive hill that I live on top of, that’s the only place he faltered a bit…he was tired. But I started shouting more and more, “You can do it Leo! Come on! Push! Push! Push! Push! Left, Right! Left, Right! Let’s go Soldier! Come on BABY! YOU CAN MAKE IT! AAAHH!!!”

I had originally just been using quieter language…but I realized that since I was embarassed when someone overheard me talking to him, there was nowhere to go except through that stupid fear! So, I just let loose, and many people in their cars and such were pointing and laughing! Those of you familiar with this blog know that I’m not jogging correctly unless I’m being pointed at and laughed at! LOL

And my encouragement didn’t just help Leo! Nope! I got up that hill in record time! I was like “Let loose my inner Jillian Michaels!”, and it worked!

I found a new way of running, btw. I think I mentioned it on here before, but tonight was the first time I did it for the entire thirty minutes! I’m now running from my midsole, and I’m finding it much easier on my knees. I read about how most people do the whole “heel strike” thing, and how shoes are now designed for that…but that it’s amazingly hard on the body.

So, I’m committed to trying to run on my midsole, and to lessen the impact up and down my spine. Maybe I’ll even learn how to run without shoes at all. Many of the greatest marathon runners have done that, especially those from the African countries.

Funny story about that: This one famous African runner was endorsed by Nike or something…but he doesn’t wear shoes. So they just hung around his neck for the entire race! (He won too!) Ha!

I found that I was much lighter, bouncier, and had more energy in my joints somehow, because it was a smoother experience all around. I felt like that “Flashdance” chick, when she does those leg beats really fast in one spot. I actually did that move a lot. I didn’t have to run as fast, because my knees were coming up so high, and I was really working my cardio and burnin, like a smooth, frictionless love machine! (Oh shut up…I’m allowed some fantasies)

Speaking of being a love machine though….well, like I said I’m not going to tell every single detail of my marriage. I’m just going to allude to it, and pretend that I’m modest. Oh! Shocking!

But I will say this: Nobody is perfect. I think that people do the best that they can in every moment, and that the learning curve is littered with people who gave up on themselves. Well I’m not giving up on Hubby until he tells me to, and I’m not giving up on myself either. It’s HARD to change, and I can understand how challening and scary it can feel.

That doesn’t mean, however, that  I’m going to stand for anymore bullshit abuse, and I haven’t….but a solid effort to move forward and save the good things in my marriage is worth the effort.

If my marriage can be saved I’ll be quite happy, because that will mean that the positive things will be at the forefront, and the positive things are magnified. If it doesn’t work out, I’ll be sad, but also relieved I suppose. Because that will mean that the negative won out, and there wasn’t much of a choice except misery by staying.

And like I said…everyone is human. I hope that I improve in the ways Hubby needs me to, and I hope that he does the same for me.

So tonight (it’s almost midnight now) I’m feeling healthy, hydrated, alive and happy…you could almost say I’m glowing! Well, to coin a new expression that I used tonight “Happy is a choice.” And tonight I’ve chosen it. 

Wish me luck, and I’ll write more tomorrow! “To infinity and beyond!” (Name it)

Did I mention how stoked I am about the triathalon? Me doing a triathalon? I LOVE seeing myself in that light! Capable….shocking!

Mwah!

Jayson!

PS. I’ve stolen the idea from that amazing show starring Glen Close, “Damages”, and I’m naming my daily blogs after a selected quote contained within it. =)

[Via http://jaysonm.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment