Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Pre Stage

First it was preschool, and now it’s pre-ballet classes.  Once a week for 12 weeks, Samantha is getting in touch with her inner ballerina.  She’s been asking for this since we left England and was enrolled in the Baby Ballet program, so I knew it was something she really wanted.

Of course, I’m sure there’s some of “me” in the decision…I’m not the most coordinated, and my dancing ability certainly leaves something to be desired.  So if this is something she wants, I’d like to support it.  Not to mention that long and lean, I suspect she’s got the body of a dancer on her hands.

It was hard to find somewhere that had what we were looking for–solely ballet, but not a yearlong commitment in case she changes her mind.  Luckily, the county offered a pre-ballet class for 5-6 year olds that seemed ideal.

Right now, Samantha is the only child in the class, but they’ll still run it.  And she get individual attention and the teacher says they’ll be able to do a lot more.  And she certainly loved her first class.

In just a month we’ve added preschool and pre-ballet to my oldest daughter’s schedule.  She’s certainly a busy bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment