Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fitness

So I made a decision about when and how often I will be going to the gym.  After looking at my schedule and my desire to play more tennis, I have decided to go to the gym in the mornings before work.  Not the funnest thing in the world, but it’s the only way to guarantee that I can get home early enough in the evenings to play a couple of hours of tennis at night (if I wish) and still have time to do a few things.  It also gives me several hours of recovery between my workout and playing tennis.  That was a concern of mine.  I couldn’t imagine wearing myself out at the gym then having to play tennis a couple hours later.  That wasn’t going to work.  The other big plus is that after a good workout, my metabolism is on fire and I think its a good thing to have a raging metabolism at the start of the day, it’s gotta born more calories, right?  As long as my nutrition is on point, I should be good with the fat loss.  So here’s my tentative schedule during the week:

4:45 AM : Wake up

5:45 AM : Catch transit to work

6:30 AM : Work out

7:15 AM : Shower/Dress/Groom

8:00 AM : Work

4:00 PM : Leave Work

5:00 PM – 10:30 PM : Free Time!

Typically, Monday night’s are drills for 1.5 hours and Wednesday nights, we have a team clinic & practice for 2 hours.  The rest of my nights are free to do ball machine drills, practice matches, private lessons, whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment