Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Cardio-Based Program Tip #1: Technology

Cardio-Based Program Tip #1: Technology

Did you know 80% of gym members use cardio equipment only? Since most of us will be in this category at one point or another, I thought (as I was on the spin bike this morning) why not let you know about the benefits of using the best technology available to track your progress?

I’ve been using a POLAR-FT80 Heart Rate Monitor for the past year to monitor my current workload and adjust difficulty accordingly through use of cardio equipment: www.polarusa.com  it’s a great tool to use. I know exactly where my heart rate is at all times, and work within my designated heart rate zones – I simply work harder with it on!

In addition, it helps me to track my daily caloric intake and gram consumption (I don’t want all that hard work to go to waste J). I use a pre-calculated method to help determine if I’m eating the correct amounts of proteins, fats and carbohydrates to achieve my goals. I work with my wife (a certified trainer too) and work on ways to integrate a sound eating strategy and correct portion sizes into our daily routine.

Get one and get going!

No comments:

Post a Comment