Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day Twenty Eight - Spin me right round

I didn’t wii today. I know, it’s bad! But, but , but, I’ve got an excuse and that is that I spent 45 minutes chasing a ball around the squash court and half an hour biking and biking and biking up-hill and biking some more.

I love spinning class, it was so much fun. I’m pretty sure there was a sweat puddle under my bike after I was done but it felt so good to do such an intensive workout. It was really encouraging to have an instructor telling us how fast to cycle and at what resistance. I’ve used the bike in the gym many times before but very differently from what we did today. I usually just keep the same pace and cycle for 20 or something minutes. Today, in spinning class, we did a 10 minute warm-up, then switched between really high and really low resistance to get the heart beat up. We did a bunch of stretches after the workout but I’m sure we’ll be sore tomorrow. I guess that’s just the price you have to pay for toned legs

Squash was fun as well. T. and I had no idea what we were doing as neither of us knew the rules but it was good fun and we’re definitely gonna do it again next week. I think it’s easier than tennis. You don’t have to slam the ball so hard as you have to do in tennis to get it over the net. I was surprised by how much running there actually is involved. At first, we were both really cautious about where we swung the racket, not wanting to knock out each other when slamming the ball. But towards the end of our game, we got really good at moving out of the way and could keep playing for a long time without letting the ball drop.

I won’t have time to get to the gym tomorrow, so I will be back on my Wii for a yoga-slash-muscle workout. Hopefully, by the end of the week I will reach 20 hours spent with Erica. Which either means that I spend too much time gaming or that I’m really into my Wii fitness. I’m gonna go for the latter!

[Via http://fitmii.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment