Thursday, December 17, 2009

Week 4, Day 2: In From the Cold

The details: 20 min warmup, 45 min combined toning/aerobic intervals, cooldown. Total time: 65 mins.

Today was a day where my schedule completely threw up. I didn’t partition the right amount of time to focus on eating properly and working out prior to going to work, so alas. Postponed my workout till I got home.

And boy, I really didn’t wanna do it because I was freezing my ass off from commuting in 28-degree weather with a train re-route, adding an extra 30 mins of waiting time.

But, I did it.

Part of the reason why I did it was this blog; this project is, in part, a bet I’ve made with myself. Aside from writing about beauty, self-image, and wrong times where I get called chunky, this is a chronicle of my efforts to actually like exercise and do it. I would have felt like ass and a half had I not kept up my bargain. I took yesterday off due to feeling slightly ill; today was not that day to write off. Nor is tomorrow (or, as the time would have it, later today).

And, I’m sure that while I have a ginormous amount of fans on this blog (ha, because I am that awesome), I just don’t want anyone to tune in here and go, “No, she skipped a day.”

So, I whipped out the jump rope (which, I will admit- I was sore from it, and in a good way yesterday) and went at it while watching the “Top Chef” reunion show. I don’t think I can work out to the actual cooking competition, but I can exercise while watching a bunch of chefs talk about the house drama. Especially if they’re the Voltaggios.

Voltaggios

If these two are ever in my orbit, they can shave me, wax me, and use me as a surfboard. Or make me peel potatoes for fun.

O-kay. Heavy cheffin’ fantasies aside, I let Bravo blare on the background while I kept to the workout. The advantage of now having done it for the last week or so is that I’m pretty familiar with the order of the exercises and didn’t really need to read the book. And, after having switched to the “active core workout” versus trying out the beginner version last week, I’ve found the right workout for me. I’m pretty achy afterwards and sore the next day, but not so overly sore so that I don’t want to do it again.

The most difficult part of this workout is doing the 100 jump rope reps; it’s a question of building up reps and lung capacity; so far, my best is 46 in a row. I’ve been told by my trainer friend Bryan that jumping rope is the best form of cardio for some quick results. Jump rope it is.

I’m kind of excited and scared to put myself to that test- what if my body’s the retarded one that wants to hold on to the fat longer? What if my fat cells resist, cling to one another, and refuse to fucking budge? Granted, my line of thinking probably sounds a little nuts (and so does exercising while watching a cooking competition recap). I’m just hoping my fat cells give in.

And a reminder: let’s see what happens by Valentine’s Day. That’s when I’ll have been exercising again for some 11 or 12 weeks.

Phew. Another day down.

[Via http://lexgetsphysical.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment