Tuesday, January 19, 2010

P90X Day 3

Hey everybody, Vanessa here.

So, day 3. I’m still sore from day 2 (Plyometrics). Every muscle in my legs is sore. I could feel them starting to lock up while I was still in the middle of the workout. It’s a killer, that’s for sure. Definitely one of those love/hate workouts. You’ll absolutely love the results, but absolutely hate the process. Maybe I can train my body to actually like the feeling of burning muscles? Haha…wishful thinking at it’s best. The best (?) part is that I know my body will be even more sore tomorrow. Thank you…Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS). Maybe I’ll get Danielle to write about that later…

Day 3 Shoulders and Arms/Ab RipperX

I love this workout. I always seem to be able to see the results in my shoulders rather quickly. It’s another repeat workout. It is 5 sequences (including a bonus round) of a shoulder, bicep, then tricep exercise. You do sequence 1, then repeat it before moving on to sequence 2.  Again, we just did each sequence one time through (80% of the benefit comes in the first set anyway). Tony emphasizes to do 8 to 10 reps for size, and 12 to 15 reps for a lean look. So pick your weight according to your goals. Just make sure the LAST 3 REPS are difficult!!!

Ab ripper was pretty difficult again. I have been doing it strictly by memory for so long that my timing was very off. Tony and the gang go a lot slower in the video, which of course makes it a ton more difficult. So while I fully support doing P90X in the gym, (if that’s what turns ya on) I highly recommend working along with the video occassionally to keep yourself in check and honest.

My sore legs can’t wait for some YogaX!

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Leave em!

Vanessa (Get.Be.Stay.FITness)

[Via http://gbsfitness.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment