Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 1

Well, I figured I’d blog quickly before I jump in the shower about today.  I did everything that I think I’m going to do today for it.  I also figured I should clarify something about my weight.  I weigh 156lbs and am 5′6.  I’m of medium build. I’ve never been a tiny girl, but I’ve never be a fat girl. I’m just medium.  And that’s what I’ve always been. I’m in my normal weight range and BMI for my height and weight.  However, I want to improve and instead of being at the top end, I want to be at the bottom end for normal.  I hope to be 131 (well anything in the 130s would make me happy) by March 24th, my 25th birthday.  Well, here we go.  I’ve gone jogging a few times in the past few weeks.  And by few I mean I can count them on one hand. However, it has been really cold here. Now that’s its back up to the 70s, I may get to go out more!

I started out by spending 20ish minutes doing some Wii Fit.

Wii Fit - it works!

I’ve used Wii Fit off and on over the past 2ish years, and it has kept me at the same weight I am even through splurges of eating. I also lost about 5lbs using Wii Fit daily in the past regularly.  I plan on swapping between this, EA Active for Wii, and possibly a new purchase to work-out.  This is more for warm-ups and I always do ab-toning exercises on Wii Fit. EA Active I love using the resistance band.  Maybe I will play with that later today, but so far I spent 20 minutes doing some yoga, strength training (jackknifes, push-ups, etc), some slight aerobics (step anyone?), and a few balance games (I love putting my Mii in a penguin!).

After my 20 minute warm-up, off I went! I went jogging. It was about 70 degrees out. There I went from my run/jog/walk pace.  I run and jog until I push my heart rate.  I normally spend about 80% of my time running/jogging and about 20% walking. I don’t walk slow anyway, I walk fast.

I also have to be careful because I have Asthma which is triggered by sports. Also I love to live dangerously and never carry my inhalor.  I’ve also always been more of a sprinter than a long distance runner. Even though I keep signing up for 15ks or 13ks.

Thoughts: I did notice on this run that it’s getting easier for me to run a bit more for longer periods of time.  I also see myself pushing myself harder. I am glad to see a tiny bit of improvement with minimal effort on my part.  Just imagine if I can get into the habit of running more often how I can improve and how far I can go!

I went around the neighborhood for 20 minutes. Rain was threatening me so I didn’t stray too far from the house, but I stayed dry and I still got in a decent run.

The rest of the day I have chores to do so I will be active. Sheets to change, floors to mop, etc.  And the more and more I think about EA Active I want to work out for a bit, so hopefully I can get in 20 or so minutes on EA Active. That would be an amazing first day.  I understand that I don’t have this much time to do this every day.  However, hopefully I can sneak something in every day with hardcore-ish work-outs 2-3 days a week!

Also making the husbands favorite dinner tonight: Chicken Parmesan.  I will only have a piece and I am using low-fat cheese over it, so it won’t damage me too bad. I just want to keep eating the same way I do!

Anyone have any healthy snack ideas they want to share?

[Via http://twentyfiveby25.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment