Sunday, January 10, 2010

How Many Push Ups Can You Do?

I don't think I'm ready to do them in public, on a beach, just yet...

The kind of exercise I like to do has nothing whatsoever to do with weight or body size. For me, working out is about strength, tone, stress relief—just feeling amazing, you know? So when I found out through my friend Anna over at Full On Style about the 100 Push Ups program I was like, Bingo! One part of my body that’s always been weaker than the rest is my shoulders and arms. You’d think they were made of mushy noodles! And I’d love to feel stronger.

This program is like training for a race or something. Basically, you do the initial test to find out how many you can do right now (12 modified on my knees) and then do a personalized “plan” in which you do several sets of differing amounts of push ups three days a week for six weeks. Ten minutes a day, tops. Monday morning I’m supposed to do five sets of push ups (10, 12, 7, 7 and 9), and then, no doubt, collapse in a heap of ache and sweat.

Have any of you ever done something like this before? Want to do it with me?!

xo…Sunny

[photo]

[Via http://healthygirl.org]

No comments:

Post a Comment