Tuesday, November 3, 2009

How I lost 70 pounds and how you can too.

I lost 70 pounds, which is 5 stone in UK measurements or 31.75 kilograms. I am in my 7th decade of life.

How did I do that?

  • First off, I did not do it rapidly. I ate a sensible diet and it took me 2 years to lose that weight.
  • Second, I exercised steadily, got a whole lot stronger, and as a consequence, I look a whole lot better. People treat me with a great deal more respect.

I’m not an Adonis, nor do I have any outstanding physical prowess.

How and why I did it will be the subject of some coming posts in this category.

Most people can achieve a sensible weight and level of fitness. I’ll be giving some hints and will welcome questions.

But the first thing you must do, especially if you’re older, is get an okay from your doctor. Get your heart, lungs, blood sugars, etc checked and a doctor’s okay before you start. That’s the most important thing. I’ll be talking about consulting doctors later on.

Regards,

Alan OldStudent

No comments:

Post a Comment