Monday, August 24, 2009

Boost energy levels and still lose weight.

I finally sent a text to my trainer asking for a little training freedom tonight. Just one session a week to do my own thing would be nice. I don’t think he’s very impressed…

I have taken his advice about diet though and am slowly bringing in change.

Up until July my weekdaydiet looked a little like this:

No sugar museli and low fat soya milk, tea and fruit juice at around 6:45am

Apple 10:30 ish water

Salad wrap with either cheese or quorn, diet yoghurt, fruit 12:00 ish water

A handful of nuts/a biscuit or some fruit 4:ish water

Main meal- usually vegetarian protein source e.g. nuts, beans, quorn, cheese, egg + carbohydrate (rice, pasta, quiona,coucous) and a vegetable

fruit and juice

The problem with this diet is that it contained too much fruit sugar and carbohydrate and I was suffering badly with energy crashes.

So I’ve made some changes:

Country Walking magazine suggested fruit with the museli would help breakfast  last longer (I can’t face eggs at this time)

Mid- morning – homemade protein bar:peanut butter,oatmeal, whey protein and water. This sustains me really well.

Either replace wrap with a salad or have wrap now and no carbohydrate for evening meal. Am surprised by how filling a salad can be.

Mid afternoon- small snack of falafel or quorn pieces- this really stops sugar crash and helps me through evening workout.

Evening meal: Protein and veg- small carbohydrate if none at lunch

Fruit snack and diet hot choc if get evening cravings.

My energy levels are better and I’ve lost a little weight despite less intense workouts. Weekends are slightly different because I share bread based breakfast with my partner much later in the morning. But am stll cutting do

[Via http://kettlebellqueen.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment